Tasik Chini Biosphere Reserve (TCBR) | Module 1
Most of us learnt the situation at Tasik Chini Biosphere Reserve (TCBR) via news and information available online. In this workshop, we will provide you with unbiased insight into what is UNESCO MAB Biosphere Reserve. This workshop will also discuss what are the associated challenges, opportunities and conservation to save TCBR.
The Challenges, The Opportunities, The Conservation
September 20, 2021 (Monday)October 11, 2021 (Monday)
- Time: 9:00AM (MYT, UTC +8)
- Duration: Approximately 3.5 hours
- Certificate will be provided
- Course introduction
- Introduction to UNESCO MAB Programme
- Site selection for Biosphere Reserve
- MAB framework
- Biosphere Reserve at Tasik Chini
- The important of Biosphere Reserve for Tasik Chini
- Short break time
- Supporting & Sustaining Orang Asli Communities – A case study of Tembeling River (special invitation)
- Chronology of events at Tasik Chini
- Conservation efforts at Tasik Chini (ecohydrology, biodiversity, community and research)
- What’s next for Tasik Chini
- Conservation – Why and How (Module 2 introduction)
- Q&A session
Dato’ Sri Dr. Mushrifah Idris
Founder of Tasik Chini Research Centre, UKM. A specialist in UNESCO MAB Programme. Recipient of Malaysia UNESCO award.
Dr. Rozita Binti Ibrahim
Researcher and consultant from Pusat Pengajian Citra Universiti, UKM.
Dr. Nasrudin Bin Subhi
Researcher, consultant and counsellor from Pusat Kajian Psikologi dan Kesejahteraan Manusia, UKM.
Founder of Ecotourism and Conservation Society Malaysia (ECOMY). A naturalist, environmentalist and conservationist.
Who Should Attend
- Conservationists & NGOs
- Academician, researcher and student
- Related department administrator
- Related business
- Political assistance
RM250 per participant
To join this workshop, please register as a user on our website using the “Register” button followed by pay for the workshop using the “Pay for the Course” button (pay with credit card or debit card).